Heat Exchanger life extension program
The Top Tier Coatings Heat Exchanger Life Extension Program can repair and coat the rusty and corroded tube sheets and end plates and extend the life of your Heat Exchangers such that you will not have to replace them for years to come.
Why do tube sheets rust and corrode?
● Heat exchangers are comprised of copper tubes and a steel tube sheet that keeps them in place. After time the 2 metals cause galvanic corrosion when introduced to water.
● Galvanic corrosion (also called bimetallic corrosion) is an electrochemical process in which one metal corrodes preferentially when it is in electrical contact with another, in the presence of an electrolyte. A similar galvanic reaction is exploited in primary cells to generate a useful electrical voltage to power portable devices.
Why It’s Important to protect your Heat Exchanger.
● A heat exchanger is a device that transfers thermal energy from one medium to another. Heat exchangers not only assist in the cooling and heating of buildings, but also help machines and engines work more efficiently.
● The cost of replacing and installing a new heat exchanger is very expensive ● Units that are located on the top level of buildings will add much more costs when it comes to replacing.
Our life extension program consists of the following:
• Surface preparation
• Repairs to eroded areas with ResiChem 101 Metal Repair Paste
• Coating with ResiChem 202 Ceramic Repair Fluid
The Condenser Tube sheet shown below is a typical example of the Heat Exchanger Life Extension program.
1. The tubes on one end of the condenser/evaporator are corked before abrasive grit blasting the tube sheet. This protects the inside of the tubes from abrasive grit blast. ( All areas are tented and vented with a Hepa filtered air scrubber, causing minimal dust)
2. All damaged/pitted areas of the tube sheet are filled with Resichem 101 repair paste.
3. 2 Coats of ResiChem 202 Ceramic Repair Fluid are applied to the
condenser/evaporator tube sheet area.
4. Once the product has cured the corks are carefully removed from tubes without causing any damage.
5. All repairs and coatings are performed the same way for the end bells.
5 year warranty on labor and materials